Your home is your palace – or at least, it should be. What projects are on your homeowner bucket list? What would you do to your home to make it stand out?
This upcoming summer is the perfect time of year to make home improvements that can turn your house into the cozy palace you’ve always wanted. Below, we’ve listed three summer remodeling projects that can improve your home’s value while making living in your home more enjoyable.
1. Update Decking, Landscaping Backyard
Your backyard should be a center for entertainment and recreation.
- Install composite decking. Whether you have an old deck made from pressure-treated wood, or you have no deck at all, you can benefit from installing or upgrading to a composite wood deck. This type of decking requires virtually no maintenance and never needs to be refinished. Best of all, it looks just like natural wood!
- Update the landscaping for beauty and functionality. Install garden beds for attractive perennial flowers and shrubs. Fill them with low-maintenance plants that need little more than pruning and watering to look their best. Install pathways and a garden bench to make your backyard a heavenly place to spend time.
- Make more space for entertaining. If you love entertaining, clear space in your backyard for a patio where you can install a grill, patio furniture, and more. You may even choose to install a backyard living area or kitchen!
2. Remodel Your Kitchen
Old fixtures, dingy countertops, and outdated cabinets can make your kitchen look dark, claustrophobic, and poorly maintained. These problems can also make using your kitchen more difficult. There are many ways that you can improve your cooking experience by remodeling your kitchen. Work with a contractor to:
- Replace old synthetic countertops with stone or engineered stone (quartz).
- Replace old cabinets, or refinish your cabinets for a budget-friendly look.
- Install new, energy-efficient appliances to save energy and water.
- Replace fixtures like your faucets. Coordinate the metal with the other colors in your kitchen.
- Repaint the walls for a fresh new look.
- Redesign your cook space to form a perfect kitchen triangle.
Your contractor can help you decide which changes are most important and will fit in your budget. If you like entertaining, you might also consider knocking out any non-load-bearing walls to create an open kitchen layout. Your guests will love it!
3. Paint Your Home’s Exterior
Repainting your home’s exterior can make your house look brand new. Choose the colors carefully, coordinating with your roof and other exterior structures. Try not to match your neighbor’s homes too carefully, but don’t choose colors that will stand out too much either. The trick is to choose paint colors that add a “wow” factor.
Work With a Reputable Remodeling Contractor
For almost 20 years, the professionals at Diamond Hill Builders have been providing quality remodeling services to homeowners in New Hampshire. Call today to get started with your remodeling projects this year.